Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trip to the Detroit ZOO!!!!


So today I surprised Will and we took at trip to the Detroit Zoo. It was soooo much fun. We seriously had a blast. We saw soooo many fun animals. The first thing Will said when we pulled in was I can't wait to get some junk food at the snack bars. He has been working out so much lately and we both have been watching what we eat, but Will let that fly out the window for the day at the Zoo. He put down a small pizza, cheeseburger, bag of chips and a lemonade in no time. It was really fun because they had the whole Zoo decorated for Halloween. They had so many pumpkins carved. We saw Mickey Mouse pumpkins, baseball ones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pumpkins, the Adams Family pumpkins, the Simpsons pumpkins, basically you name it and they had it carved or painted on a pumpkin. We saw some huge rhinos!! I couldn't believe how big they were. One of them was running and charged at this barrel toy it had and threw it in the air. We also saw a huge chimp that I thought for sure was a gorilla becuase of its size but it wasn't . We saw bears, tigers, lions, snakes, kangaroos, elk, deer, zebras, hippos, giraffes, donkeys, eagles, and so so much more. My favorite part was well just being with Will and also I loved the Hippo and the Polar Bear. When we were at the Elk Exhibit this cute little girl walked by and said Dad look, it's elfs!!! I was laughing so hard. Her dad said no honey they are elk and she said no dad they are elfs!!! We rode a little virtual reality ride they had which made us both kind of sick to our stomachs and before we left we had to ride the train around the Zoo. It was sooooo much fun and I'm so glad we finally got to spend a whole Saturday together. Time is so precious to us because Will is always working or working out and I'm always studying or doing something related to school. I am really grateful we got to go to the zoo today. We have Stake Conference tomorrow and I am really exicted. It's in a town we've never been before called Grand Blanc. On a little bit different note, I just need to express my gratitude and gratefullness to the Gospel in my and my husband's lives. We are so truly blessed daily. I have been having a really hard time with my grandpa dale being so sick back in Utah and knowing that I am out here in Michigan and the only thing that seems to comfort me is knowing that Families are Eternal. I love my family and all my friends so much and I appreciate all of you in our lives. I again just want to express my love for my grandparents and I know this is a hard time and you are in our prayers always!!!

2 comments:

Colten and Megan said...

Sounds like your trip to the zoo was way fun. I bet that the two of you being alone together out there have grown so much. Being away from home would be so hard, but I think being together and relying on each other would be the best part. Keep posting, I love knowing how you guys are doing!

FuZz and KeNdRa said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun at the zoo! I love going to the zoo! That is great your doing good in school it sounds really hard. Anyways I heard Grandpa is doing better. I was so scared last week when my mom called me and said he wasnt doing good, but im glad he is doing better. Miss ya and Love ya!