Friday, August 29, 2008

August 29, 2008

Hey all!!! Will n I are doing great!! Will got his first paycheck from his job and we are both really excited. He has been working on reposessed homes and this week he has been down on a big lake working on like a ten-thousand square foot home. He says its beautiful. I have been attending orientation for school. Talk about overwhelming!!! I think they try to scare ya to death your first term!!! I also went to Lansing for another part of orientation and it was ok. I'm not a big fan of Lansing, I guess I just really love Auburn Hills. I feel like I learned more in orientation than I did from the first couple years of college. I can tell it's going to be intense and stressful but I know I can do it. Will is soooo supportive too. We went to dinner last night with a lady named Tammy from Utah and a couple from Arizona, Chris and Heidi and their little girl Alexis. Chris and Tammy are going to be going to school with me and they are LDS so that makes is super great. We went to a Mexican place called On the Border. It was really good. Their chips were half the size of a tortilla and the salsa was really good. I had to go shopping for a dress suit before orientation and Will n I had quite the experience. I probably tried on 30 suits and not one of them was long enough for me. It's hard for me to understand why more stores don't make tall clothes. But hey it's all good I found some dress pants and made them work. Since this weekend is Labor Day, we are going to try to plan something fun to do, like go to the lake or fishing or bowling or something. It was soooooo HUMID today, by far the most humid day we've had since we've been here. We also bought some new rims and tires for our Yukon so our 22's don't get rusted from the salt they put on the roads here. We got our new jetta licensed and Will loves that car. And I'm soooo glad we found it. He filled it up with gas today and it was 35.00. !!!!!! He said he was so excited he about cried . After filling up our Yukon (70.00) a pop, it's nice to have a little car to get better gas mileage. NE ways, hope all is well back in Utah!!! I know that the time is flying by already and I know it will go even faster when school starts. We will be home for Christmas in only a couple months!!! Love ya all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Just me said...

CHELSEA!! I love to read about how you guys are doing.. UTAH is cooling off a little which is way nice.. I'm glad to here you found some friends and are having a great time.. We miss you and can't wait to see you.. LOVE YA TONS

Will n Chelsea said...

Hey Shay Dawn!!! Thanks for leaving a comment, it's sooo nice to hear from you!!! We miss you too and I can't wait to come home for Christmas. Michigan is still pretty humid and hot but I'm not going to complain after hearing about their winters. Take care and I love ya too!!!