Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Corn Fields, Corn Fields, and wait.... More Corn Fields

Hey all!!!
Today is the second day of our trip back to Michigan. We started off this morning at 6:30 leaving Brighton, Colorado. As we headed East, we soon entered into Nebraska and so the Corn Fields began. Neither Will nor I have ever seen so many fields of CORN!!! It's everywhere. Now I truly understand why they are nicknamed Cornhuskers. They don't waste one ounce of their land, they plant corn on everything. We made quite a few pit stops today because I was getting bored and treats and music were the only things keeping me awake. I decided that I really like Nebraska. It's so so green and there are tons of pretty trees and ponds. All the people at the gas stations were really nice too. We started into Lincoln, Nebraska and the roads started to get busier. Half n hour later we were in Omaha and the freeway went from two lanes to four lanes stopped traffic. It was kind of scary to me because there was so much road construction and traffic and I was just trying my best to stay right behind Will. We decided to stick in the middle lane and just go slow until we got out of the city. We crossed into Iowa and I was so amazed at how pretty this place is. For not having any "mountains" it's pretty darn cool. We saw huge homes built on like acres of land with beautiful driveways and corn planted all around the home. We drove about 4-5 hours across Iowa, past Des Moines and ended up in a little town called Califax. We got a hotel room at the Comfort Inn, ate McDonald's for dinner, went swimming and now are getting ready to get some zzzz's for the night. Today was awesome. We decided that Iowa would be a pretty cool place to live if we ever wanted to be farmers and grow corn and live far away from any shopping malls, which is something that will probably never happen. Take care everyone and we miss you all. All our love!!!!!

1 comments:

Just me said...

Hey Girly,
Sorry i didn't get to say goodbye.. life has been crazy for me as well as for you.. I'm so glad you got a blog.. I'm so excited for you and your new adventure... Trampus has been talking about moving to vernal so who knows.. Well love ya and we'll keep in touch...