Sunday, March 29, 2009

SUPERCROSS IN TORONTO!!!

Me n Chad Reed:)

The Finish Line





Bubba




The track




Rogers Centre






Just chillin during the practice sessions




Chad's Bike








Welcome to Ontario










The bridge from the US to Canada!!!





Okay so Will I woke up yesterday morning, got ready packed up the Yukon and headed to Toronto. It took us about an hour to get to the border and then went thorugh border patrol and we were in Canada. We stopped at a Husky gas station and stocked up on some Canadian goodies. They have such great chocolate....it's cadburry candy bars and I can't even explain how good they are. It took us about four 1/2 hrs from our house to Toronto. Toronto was beautiful. It is right on the lake and it almost feels like being on a beach in California. The weather was awesome. We parked the Yukon and headed to check out the riders rigs and bikes. I am a Chad Reed fan and Will is a Bubba Stewart fan and if you're not familiar with motorcross, they are like enemies. We checked out Chad's bike and then went and saw Bubba's. Then we went inside and got some goodies and sat down to watch the practice races. The track was awesome and we were on the 7th row and they had the first 4 rows marked off so it was like being on the 3rd row. It was sooooo loud we had to wear ear plugs. We watched the lites and then the 450's practice. Reed and Bubba both looked awesome. They go soooooooooooo fast. Will ate some really good thai-food at the arena. Oh yeah the event was inside the Rogers Centre where the Toronto Blue Jays play and it was sweet. The final race was great. Bubba won...he was flying and Reed took second. I was kinda sad cuz you could see how disappointed Chad Reed was but I thought it was a great race. We stayed after for a while and watched Bubba and Chad give their interviews. Then we saw Reed leaving and Will grabbed me and said I know where Reed is going to come out let's go so you can meet him. We went outside and sure enough we met him coming out of the tunnel right where Will said he would be. We both told him he rode great but you could see how upset and disappointed he was. Will took a picture of me with him and Will said Okay Chad lets' see a big smile. I was laughing so hard. My hubby is so cute and funny. I was sooooo excited and I still am. Then we saw Bubba come out of the tunnel and he was crowded with people immediatly but Will was able to get a pic of him. We had soooooo much fun and we both love Moto-X soooo much. It really gets us both excited to ride our bike!!! Ne ways we headed home and got home this morning at about 4:30, got up and went and taught our Sunday School Class. It was a great weekend:)

2 comments:

Lindsey Vest Family said...

You guys looked like you had tons of fun. Looks like you are always having a blast, and traveling a LOT. I so wish that I had traveled more before we had kids. Live it up!!! You two are so cute and you can tell you are very very happy. Love ya tons!

The Tobey's said...

I agree Canadian Chocolate Rocks!When we went up to visit Luke's family last we stocked up big time on it! It looks like you guys had so much fun! And I didn't know you family has a cabin at Fishlake, that would freakin rock, I love it up there!