Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Time=Finals Time

Will and I at Toronto Supercross

Blake Wharton
Flower bouquet we made for my Grandpa's Funeral. It turned out so cute. I think my Grandpa would have loved it. Tanner, me, Billy, and Will after the BYU Lacrosse game BYU boys playing Lacrosse Me, Ceci, and Sheryl at the BYU Game----go Cougars! The poster I made to cheer on Shorty. Me by Shorty's bike in the pits. Indy Supercross Me and Seb before the track walk in Indy K Dub during the intro at Indy





Well it's official. I have completed another semester of law school. Thank goodness. I can't believe how fast this semester has flown by. Will and I have had so much fun these past few months and I have been so busy with school and our activities that I have not been up to date on our blog. Will is still in school at Oakland University. He has one final this week and one next week. I took my taxation of business entities final last Tuesday and yesterday I took my modern real estate transactions final. I had a really great semester. I feel like this was one of my funnest but busiest semesters. I took an estate planning class and LOVED it. This last week we had such awesome spring weather. It was like 70 degrees and sunny. However, today the wind was raging and we have snow in the forecast...YUCK. I am sooooo ready for Spring, meaning rain and sunshine, not snow.

To catch up on what has happened recently I think the most significant thing that has happened was that my Grandpa Dale passed away. Will and I were able to fly back to Utah for the funeral and to be with my family. I knew the morning that my dad called exactly what had happened. I cried for an hour straight when I got the phone call but then I knew I needed to get myself together and get a plane ticket home. We were able to fly out the next day. Will's mom came and picked us up from the SLC Airport. I couldn't wait to see my dad and give him a big hug. I knew he was hurting. It was hard to see my Grandma Carla sad and I couldn't not cry at all. The funeral was beautiful and I know that my Grandpa was in heaven watching down and comforting all of our family. It was so nice to hear all of my dad and his siblings stories about growing up and the time they had with my grandpa. I thought it would be nice for me to write a couple memories that I have of my grandpa. I spent so much time at our farm when I was little. I loved to be there. I was what my uncles would call me a "grease monkey." So I had a lot of time with my grandpa at the farm. I remember riding with him on the tractor while he was scraping the corrals. I remember that he would always get me a cup of tang whenever I was thirsty at the farm. I remember his dickies coveralls with his fisherman like hat. I am lucky enough to have one of his white hats that he gave me when I was in high school. I remember that he always had a candy in his pocket for everyone...jolly ranchers and werthers were my favorite. I remember deer hunting with him when I was little and eating roast beef sanwhiches with miracle whip and pepper. I remember the smell of his brown milking boots and yellow overalls. I know that last one sounded funny but after milking cows there is a very distinct smell that permeates the clothes and whenever I smell that I think of him. I remember the last time I got to see my Grandpa alive was last Christmas while Will and I were home on vacation. I remember giving him a kiss on the lips(of course if you know my grandparents) and him telling me he loves me and is proud of me. That is a moment I will always cherish. As I had to leave my family to head back to Michigan with Will, I had the opportunity to really think about how blessed I am to have the knowledge of the Gospel and to know that my grandpa is in heaven and that he is part of an eternal family. I know that I will be able to see my grandpa again and that is the biggest comfort to me. Love you Grandpa Dale!!!


The other things that took place during this semester were that Will and I were able to go to Indianapolis, Indiana to watch Supercross. Will's friend Sebastian Tortelli got us VIP Passes so we spent the entire day in and out of the pits. We were pretty much surrounded my all of the riders. I finally got to meet Andrew Short (one of my fav riders) and I was super disappointed. Not the nicest or most cheerful friendly guy. No worries though, I am still a fan. We did get to see Bubba, Malcolm Stewart, Chad Reed, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey, and all the other riders. Because Seb trains Blake Wharton, we were able to sit with Blake and his mom. It was so fun to hang out with them and get to cheer on Blake( I call him BW21)! Will and I got to do the track walk before all of the practices began. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. Will walked with Seb and I kind of hung out by the equipment and watched all of the riders. I am sure I had a big huge cheesy smile on my face I was a little star struck. I was like two feet from Villopoto and Mike Alessi during the intro and riders meeting. Needless to say, we had a BLAST. We drove home after the race and it was over a 4 hour drive plus the time changed so by the time we got home it was 5 am and we had church that afternoon. It was a long drive but so worth it.


We also got to go to to Toronto Supercross in Canada with Julia and Oliver Lee and Ben and Ashlianne Drewry. We had a blast. Seb got us 3 VIP Passes and we took turns going down into the pits. I got a pic with Malcolm Stewart and unfortunately in his race, he crashed and was unable to finish the race. We all had a lot fun and it was fun to cheer on our favorite riders.


We have been watching Swamp People again!!!!!!! WE LOVE US SOME SWAMP PEOPLE. There is nothing more than I love than cuddling on the couch with Will and hearing Troy say, See ya later alligator. If you don't get it watch Swamp People and you will understand. Will and I laugh so hard everytime we watch it and make sure to use the quotes we learn from it each week when we talk to each other.


Will and I were able to house 2 BYU Lacrosse players while they were on a team trip in Michigan to play some games. We had Billy and Tanner stay with us and it was a blast. I felt like I had two brothers living with us and I think Will felt the same. We watched them play Michigan State and Central Michigan University. We all watched the NCAA tournament at night together. It was a really neat experience and we would gladly help out like that again.


Now, we are in the process of trying to figure out what is next for us in life. We have some plans in the forecast, but we are trying to check out all of our options and determine what our next steps will be. I have one more semester of classes and then an externship in the fall. Will is still studying psychology and has been accepted to a different school but our lips are sealed until we find out if that opportunity will work.



XOXO-Chels n Will



1 comments:

Twin Times said...

What a great time you have had the last couple months. Super exciting experiences!
So sorry about your Grandpa passing away. It is really hard losing someone that you love so much. We totally understand the memory of a smell :) our grandpa milked cows and had a farm too! We have a lot of fond memories of him.
Love you both so much and enjoy some time off of school. Congrats on finishing another semester.