Saturday, July 25, 2009

BBQ...Motorcycles...Friends....and a CraSH!!!

Okay....so on the 24th Will n I went over to the Gibson's house for a BBQ!!! Will cooked some awesome ribs and everyone else cooked some great food like salads, chicken, shrimp, dutch oven potatoes ....well we took our motorcycle out there cuz their backyard is where Will built a track and all they guys get together and ride out there. There was me n Will, the Gibson family, the Lee family and the Jacksons. We were all having so much fun riding the mini bike and four-wheelers and watching Will race around the track going Mach 90!!! So on the very last lap Will was going to ride we were all sitting on the grass watching him, he went around the first corner fine and hit this little jump and landed fine...I looked away for a split second and when I turned back I saw the worst thing I have ever seen.... Will went flying in the air over his handle bars and his bike flipped forward a couple time and I watched Will lay on the ground with his bike right beside him. Some of our friends were screaming and I jumped out of my chair and sprinted across the track to him cuz I know Will and he didn't get up fast so I knew he was hurt. When I got over to him he had stood up and was walking his bike off the track. I looked at his face and it was cut up and bleeding and he was about half out of it. Ollie came over on the 4wheeler and Vaughn came over and Will kept saying he was okay but he was out of it. He took off his helmet...which was busted....and his face was all dirty and bleeding(see the pic below). He hurt his wrist pretty bad. Ne ways.....needless to say after that happened I was a wreck. I have never seen Will or anyone crash like that right in front of me and I had to hold back from crying cuz I didn't want to scare all the kids but I just want to say how important helmets and gear are to wear when riding. I know that Will would have been way more beat up than he is had he not been wearing his gear. I am so glad that we have great friends who are so good to us and that we were able to go spend the day with them. Ne ways.....I love my Willy and I am sooooo grateful to the Man upstairs for watching over him ;)




























0 comments: